Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Sleepy SLP's Guide to Free V-Day Therapy Materials

Good morning, speech world! I am up at a very disturbing hour right now but nonetheless have already downed my favorite breakfast granola (LoveCrunch: organic chocolate granola, strawberries, and dark chocolate chunks). And continuing in the Valentine's theme, I have done a little "e-search" (that was a "Lizzie McGuire Movie" reference, no shame) for some free therapy materials that I can use to kick-start my day today. Therefore, I bring you:


The Sleepy SLP's Guide

To Free V-Day Therapy Materials


Uno of all: 

Google is a never-ending resource for free materials. Here are some of my favs:

Itty-bitty Valentine's Book - color/fold book with individual pictures of Valentine's vocab. Easily used for simple sentence constructions or conversation.

Parts of a Penguin - cut/paste penguin w/ matching words; great for vocab and other language stimulation activities.

Beginning Sound Heart Search - phonological awareness activity for initial sounds.

What Do You Love? Sentence Starters - "I love to eat, I love to play, etc." sentence starters. Easily adapted for a variety of language activties.

Segundo of all:

Teachers Pay Teachers offers up some fun activities too, and the best part is, I found a bilingual resource in there:

English/Spanish Cut/Up Valentine's Sentences - "I Can" sentences, all linked to Common Core standards. A must-download!

Valentine's Sentence Sequencing - Sentence sequencing for the elementary crowd related to V-Day.

And last but not least:

We All Love Language Valentine's Day Packet - Unlike the others, this download is not free but it is a HUGE resource of both pragmatic and language activities for only $4.50. I believe this packet will get me through more than a week and a half of therapy. It includes Word Association/Opposite Hearts, a following directions game, Valentine Transportation Bingo, Valentine Bugs Multiple Meaning Words, and "Good Robot or Faulty Robot?" (pragmatic judgment game).


So there you have it. Download and print away. And please, let me know in the comments if you've found any other free Valentine's resources I should know about!:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment